Chicken tenders are pieces of delicious chicken breast which are battered and fried to golden brown and commonly dipped in a favorite sauce. Making chicken tenders only requires a few simple steps and ingredients to make at home. Not only are they easy to make, they’re also a lot of fun to make!
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes with a batter that is awesome. We’re going to use just a flour and egg batter which will see the chicken being dunked twice. We’ll go straight from the buttermilk into the flour for a quick dusting, then into the eggs, then back into the flour. This gives the chicken that amazing, flaky, crusty coating that is beyond delicious. Your fingers will get good and messy during the process but it’s well worth it. Just be sure to have some paper towels nearby.
If you don’t have season salt, you can substitute a teaspoon each of onion powder, garlic powder and salt. The season salt is just an easier way to go. And we’ll also add that extra tablespoon of paprika to bump up the flavor a notch without overdoing it with the salt.
Be sure to serve with your favorite sauce. BBQ sauce or ranch dressing are perfect!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Vegetable (about 2 cups)
- Place chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to even thickness of about about ½". Then cut into strips of about an inch thick. Place in a bowl with buttermilk and let sit in refrigerator for about an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, season salt, paprika and parsley flakes. In another bowl, beat two eggs.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil to about 350 degrees F (medium heat for about 5 minutes).
- Remove chicken strips from buttermilk, dredge in flour mix, the eggs, then back through flour. Set aside on a paper plate until complete.
- Carefully place coated chicken into pan with hot oil. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, then flip pieces over for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temp should be 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Carefully remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.