This is gonna be the easiest, most delicious and most fun recipe for chicken nuggets you’ve ever made. It’s the perfect recipe that both kids and adults are gonna love. And believe it or not, it bakes right in the oven. No grease to worry about.
The main ingredient for these chicken nuggets are Cheez-It crackers. You know the ones… they’re little square crackers that are a golden yellow color and bursting with cheese flavor. Well we’re gonna take a couple of handfuls of those crackers, thrown them in a zip-lock bag with a little onion powder, garlic powder and salt and crush ’em up. yep, that’s our breading. The we’ll crack a couple of eggs in a bowl, drop in out cut-up chicken, then dump them in the bag with the cracker crumbs. Then only 10-12 minutes in the oven and we’ve got little nuggets of pure gold!
Served with some ranch dressing, or whatever kind of dipping sauce you prefer, and I promise you’re gonna love these! They’re perfect for dinner, for company, whatever. People are gonna go crazy for these.
Baked Cheez-It Chicken Nuggets
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch nuggets
- 2 cups of Cheez-It crackers
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place crackers in a large ziplock bag and crush with your fists, hands or a rolling pin. Add onion powder, garlic powder and salt and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add chicken pieces until they’re all coated well.
- Place egg coated chicken into the bag with cracker mix and shake it all together for about a minute until all the chicken it well coated with the crackers.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes or internal temp of 165 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins