Parmesan cheese and ranch dressing mix is one of the very best flavor combinations for chicken. This awesome recipe is easy to make and bakes in the oven in just 12 minutes.
Start by tenderizing the boneless skinless chicken breast by pounding it with a meat mallet until it’s about ¼″ thick. Then we cut it into strips and soak them in buttermilk for about an hour. Not only does the buttermilk provide a nice base flavor, but it also is an excellent tenderizer. After the bath in the buttermilk, we give the tenders a quick coating of flour, then a dunk some beaten eggs, then dredged through a mixture of Parmesan cheese, ranch dressing mix and bread crumbs. After the tenders are all coated they go right on a baking sheet and into the oven for 10-12 minutes.
This is one of my favorite and easiest chicken tender recipes to make. The kids love it!Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 packet (1oz) ranch dressing mix
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to ¼″ thick, then cut into strips of about 1″ wide x 2″ long (approximately). Place chicken pieces in medium bowl with buttermilk and let sit in fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set out a paper plate with flour; a bowl with Parmesan cheese, ranch dressing and bread crumbs mixed together; and another bowl with the 2 beaten eggs.
- Remove chicken strips 1 at a time from buttermilk and dip in flour, then dip into eggs, then coat with the bread crumb mix. Lay out coated chicken on a baking sheet lines with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until internal temp of 165 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins