Tender, flaky salmon filets cooked to perfection in your air fryer. With just a few simple ingredients and easy prep, this recipe is on your plate in less than 15 minutes.
Our air fryer has become such a huge part of our daily meal routine. We absolutely love it! It’s really the perfect kitchen appliance and one of our most frequently used. And it does so much more than air “fry” foods. An air fryer is basically a small convection oven with a heating element above the cooking surface (tray or basket) and forces the hot air down and around the food. It’s perfect for so many recipes and one of our favorites is air fryer salmon.
Salmon filets are ideal for the air fryer. With just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes on the air fry setting, we get perfectly cooked salmon that is tender, flaky, and with a nice caramelization on top. Our salmon is prepared with just a little melted butter brushed over the top of the filets, then we add some fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and a little salt. Yep, that’s it! I like to use course ground black pepper directly from my pepper mill. But any ground black pepper will do. You can also choose to use smoked paprika vs. regular paprika. Smoked paprika has a very earthy, smokey flavor that is terrific on salmon.
For this recipe I like to place aluminum foil down in the basket or on the tray of your air fryer. Then give it a little spray with some non-stick cooking spray. Salmon skin likes to stick so the foil will really help with clean up. No worries, it won’t affect the outcome of the recipe. After you’ve brushed the top of the salmon filets with butter and added the seasonings, in it goes at 390 degrees (F) for 10 minutes for 6oz filets. If your filets are bigger, you can adjust the time accordingly and add a minute or two. When the time is up, the salmon filets will have a beautiful caramelization on top and will easily flake apart with a fork.
Ready to Serve in 10 Minutes
Once the cook time is complete your salmon filets are ready to serve immediately. Squeeze some lemon slices over the fish to add a nice, delicious vibrance to the taste. You can also add some parsley flakes or fresh dill. Salmon pairs perfectly with fresh asparagus. You can cook the asparagus right alongside the salmon in the air fryer. Just cut off the woody ends, add a little olive oil and salt, and add to the air fryer after 2 minutes. The asparagus will cook a little faster than the fish so adding after 2 minutes helps for everything to come out perfectly done together.
Buttery and flaky air fryer salmon in just 10 minutes!
- 2 salmon filets (6oz each)
- 1 tbs butter (melted)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika (regular or smoked)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Lemon slices, fresh dill or parsley for garnish
- Brush tops of salmon filets with melted butter
- Mix together paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Generously sprinkle the mixture over the top of the filets.
- Add foil to bottom of air fryer basket (or tray if using a tray style air fryer) and spritz with a little cooking spray . Place salmon, skin side down on foil. Set air fryer to “air fry” setting at 390 degrees (F) for 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness. Internal temp should be 145 degrees (F) and fish will easily flake with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh lemon!