This recipe for Instant Pot egg bites features gouda cheese, fire roasted red peppers and fresh spinach. The creamy, rich flavor is absolutely delicious and cooks to perfection in your Instant Pot. If you like the Starbucks sous vide eggbites, then you’re gonna love these!
Sous Vide Style Egg Bites from an Instant Pot
Since acquiring an instant Pot, i’ve been fascinated with the egg bite recipes. The “sous vide” egg bites that have become so popular at Starbucks are delicious. But can I make something as tasty without a sous vide machine. The answer is a resounding YES! In fact, these egg bites are better. I’ve had a couple of other egg bite recipes i’ve enjoyed, but after lots of experimentation, i’ve finally come up with the best. Let’s take a closer look…
Gouda Cheese is Sure to Please
Gouda is a creamy, full flavored, semi-hard yellow cheese from The Netherlands. I find it to be the perfect flavor and texture for egg bites. Just 3oz, about ¼ cup of freshly shredded gouda will do. Fire roasted red peppers are something you should keep in your pantry. They come in small jars and are wonderful in so many recipes. For this recipe, we dice up about ¼ cup full. For the spinach, I like to use a handful of fresh spinach, which comes out to about ½ cup. And here’s special step that really makes a difference… saute the diced red peppers and spinach in a little butter for about a minute in your Instant Pot. Then simply spoon the mixture into the silicone egg bite cups. I like fresh spinach SO much more than frozen, and this little extra step makes all the difference.
Silicone Egg Bites Molds
For these Instant Pot Egg Bites, I use the silicone egg bite molds. They’re easy to get, affordable and are the perfect size for out egg bites. Even though it’s made of silicone, I still spray them with non-stick cooking spray. It makes getting them out of the molds a ton easier and cleanup is a breeze.
When cooking, you’ll cover the egg bite mold with aluminum foil and place it on the trivet with 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Then it’s 8 minutes on the “steam” setting, and 10 minutes natural release. After the minutes NPR you can release the rest of the pressure and carefully remove from pot. Remove the foil and let it set cool for 5-10 minutes. Then the egg bites will slide right out.
Egg Bites are Perfect for Breakfast on the Go
Instant Pot egg bites are excellent for a quick, protein packed breakfast on the go too. I’ll often make 2 batches on the weekends, then we have them all week to bring to work, where a quick minute in the microwave heats them perfectly. Or the kids can eat them up quickly before school instead of a donut or pop-tart they seem to love to much.
Serve on a plate with some fresh ground black pepper and fresh parsley.Print
- 4 eggs, large
- 3oz gouda cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fire roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Chop spinach and red peppers. Add a ½ tbs of butter to Instant Pot and set to “saute”. When hot, add spinach and red peppers and saute for 1 minute. Press cancel.
- Spray silicone egg bite mold with non-stick cooking spray and spoon red pepper and spinach mixture into each cup. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the eggs, gouda cheese, cottage cheese, heavy cream, onion powder and salt for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg batter into each egg bite cup about ¾ full. When all are full, use a spoon to mix the batter with the spinach and red peppers a little more.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant pot, cover egg bite mold with foil and place on trivet and lower into pot. Secure lid with seal closed and set to “steam” for 8 minutes. When cycle is complete, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest.
- Remove foil and let stand for 5-10 minutes to cool before removing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 egg bite
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: .9g
- Sodium: 393
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Fiber: .2g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 115mg