This recipe for roasted potatoes in the Instant Pot is a favorite of mine for good reason. The ingredient list is short, the steps are simple, and the outcome is a huge bowl of the most moist, creamy and delicious potatoes. More on that in a minute.
While you could certainly use just about any kind of potato to cook in your Instant Pot, I find russet potatoes to be the best. They’re very affordable and I almost always have a sack of russet potatoes at home. I love them for many reasons, the most of which is the taste and texture. Russet potatoes naturally have a soft and creamy texture when properly cooked. And when they’re cooked in a pressure cooker, it infuses the flavors of everything, especially the chicken broth we use as the liquid.
The recipe uses 6 medium russet potatoes which should come in right around a pound and a half. If you’re over or under a little, no worries, you can always add or subtract a little of the seasonings depending on taste. But 6 medium sized potatoes is the perfect starting point. Cutting them into wedges is simple… just cut the potatoes in “slices” of about ½ inch thick, then quarter those slices. Voilà! You’ve now got perfect potato wedges. Next they will be sauteed in your Instant Pot with a little oil for 6 minutes. This will give the outer layer of the potatoes just a bit extra to hold up under the pressure cooking and help to NOT turn them into mashed potatoes. After sauteeing, mix in all your seasonings, except the fresh parsley, pour in your chicken broth, and set to pressure cook for 6 minutes. Do a QPR (quick pressure release) after the 6 minutes. Remove lid carefully, add fresh parsley and your potatoes are ready to serve!
This Instant Pot I use for this roasted potatoes recipe is the Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1Print
- 1 ½ lbs russet potatoes (about 6 medium potatoes)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Rinse and scrub potatoes. Cut into wedges.
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on saute setting. When oil in hot, carefully add potatoes. Saute for 7 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon often.
- After 7 minutes hit cancel and add seasonings, except parsley and toss potatoes well. Add chicken broth and secure lid. Use manual (pressure cook) setting for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release and when pin drops, carefully remove lid. Add parsley flakes and serve.