This Instant Pot turkey chili recipe is super easy to make and loaded with awesome chili goodness!
The Instant Pot is really changing the way i’m meal planning. A simple recipe such as turkey chili is always fun to make, but is normally reserved for a weekend when I can let it cook in the crock pot all day. Well not anymore. I can come home from a busy day at work and have a delicious pot of turkey chili ready to go in less than an hour. And the results with the Instant Pot… nothing short of amazing!
Healthy ground turkey makes a better chili
I love using ground turkey in chili because I think it lends itself better to the overall consistency of the chili than regular ground beef does. It absorbs the flavors better and is also, since it’s so lean, you don’t have to drain it after browning it. Which, by the way, the Instant Pot means that we’re doing the whole meal in one pot! That’s what I love about this thing. We simply set it to “saute” and brown the meat for a few minutes, add the rest of the ingredients, then push the “chili” button and set it for 40 minutes.
an instant pot dump recipe
This recipe is so simple and borders on being a “dump” recipe, except we’re going to give it a much more homemade touch. We’ll be using canned beans and canned diced tomatoes and canned tomato sauce, but we’ll also be throwing in a diced green pepper and a diced red pepper. And to really give it that extra boost of flavor, we’ll use a 1 cup of chicken broth for the liquid.
This recipe for Instant Pot Turkey Chili is one of my all-time favorites. You can have the whole thing done in less than an hour and have a hearty and delicious turkey chili that you will absolutely love!Print
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 15oz can of light red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (love the Rotel with green chilies added)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add the ground turkey. Brown for about 5 minutes. During browning, add the diced red and green pepper.
- When meat is browned, add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is closed, and set to “chili” for 40 minutes. When done, let natrurally release for 10 minutes then carefully release valve to release remaining steam.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: InstantPot, Turkey, Chili