This recipe for white bean and turkey chili is one of the easiest chili recipes for your Instant Pot. With a pound of fresh ground turkey and a few canned ingredients, we can put together a great meal in a short amount of time. It’s a chili recipe with a creamy, smooth texture with lots of flavor. I wanted a chili recipe that was not a complicated 5-alarm chili, and that could come together with ease.
Ground turkey and white beans compliment each other so well in this recipe. White beans – also known as Great Northern Beans are described as having a delicate, nutty flavor. We’ll then a southwestern style can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. Ro-Tel is a popular brand but there’s many store-brand versions as well. Then a small can of tomato sauce, some chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and some seasoned salt and we’re on our way to a great pot of chili.
Finally, this white bean turkey chili is SO delicious when served with some shredded cheese. I love a Mexican blend consisting of monterey jack, cheddar, queso quesadilla & asadero cheeses. This blend is very common on grocery store shelves. It’s a very melty, smooth blend that again, compliments the rest of the chili ingredients perfectly.Print
- 1lb fresh lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15.5oz) White chili beans (great northern beans), drained
- 1 can (10oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- Mexican blend shredded cheese for topping.
- cooking spray
- Spray a little non-stick cooking spray into the bottom of the Instant Pot and press the saute button. When it’s hot, add ground turkey and Lawry’s seasoned salt and brown for about 5 minutes. Press cancel when done.
- Add the chicken broth, chili powder, onion powder, cayenne and pepper. Mix well. Add the diced tomatoes and drained can of beans and very gently stir in.
- Secure the lid, make sure the vent is set to sealing and press chili button set for 40 minutes. When cycle is done let naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Chili will naturally thicken when cooling, but you can always use the saute setting for 5-10 minutes if you need it to thicken up a bit.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins