This recipe for overnight French Toast is easy to make and is absolutely delicious. We’ll use cinnamon swirl bread which is perfect for this recipe. It has all the sweet flavors you need, without all the extra work or ingredients. It’s also a fun recipe to make and is a huge time saver on a busy weekend morning. Just prepare it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and pop it right in the oven in the morning. The whole house will smell like a sweet cinnamon roll. It’s awesome!
Making this overnight French Toast is as simple as cutting up a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread, putting it in 13″x9″ baking dish, adding egg mixture, then letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight. This allows the bread to soak up the egg mixture and it will then bake in perfectly when in the oven the next day. Cinnamon swirl bread is the best for this recipe because most overnight French Toast recipes require adding several ingredients to give it any real flavor.
To top off this delicious dish, you can always use regular powdered sugar. But, let’s take a cup of that powdered sugar and add 1 tablespoon of milk. That’s right, just 1 tablespoon of milk added to a cup of powdered sugar and mix it up. It becomes the perfect icing for our French Toast. Just like the kind that’s added to the top of cinnamon rolls.
- 1 loaf (1lb) Cinnamon Swirl bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Cut bread into 1 inch pieces and place into a well greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with milk and add in vanilla extract. Pour into dish with bread pieces. Use a spatula and gently mix the bread and eggs so that all the bread pieces are soaking in the egg mixture.
- Place dish in refrigerator overnight (if not overnight, at least 1 hour).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk to create icing and use a spoon to drizzle over top.