This recipe takes ordinary scrambled eggs and adds a few simple ingredients to make it extraordinary. This is the type of breakfast recipe you make if you want to impress someone.
I always like to use fresh spinach for this recipe. It’s actually much easier to work with than frozen spinach. But of course, you can always use the frozen if that’s all you have, just make sure it’s defrosted and well drained of any liquid. For the roasted red peppers all we need is a jar of those. We’ll just take a few strips and chop them up. And of course the feta cheese, it’s quite possible the perfect cheese to add to scrambled eggs.
The amounts to use for the spinach, roasted red peppers and feta cheese are all approximates. For the 1 cup of fresh spinach, you can pretty much just grab a handful and it’s gonna be close to the 1 cup. I like to simply chop the stems off, then give a few chops about 1/4″ apart. Don’t press it into a measuring cup, just let it sit loosely for your measurement.
I hope you enjoy one of my all-time favorite breakfast recipes. Let me know how you like it!
- 4 eggs, cage-free
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ½ tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a pan over medium/low heat and add spinach and roasted red peppers. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until spinach is reduced down.
- Beat eggs with milk and add to pan. Continue to cook over medium/low heat until eggs begin to set, then add feta cheese. Continue to stir until eggs are no longer liquid. Takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.