Stuffed shells filled with ricotta cheese, rotisserie chicken, spinach and parmesan cheese, topped with alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese. Does it get any better than that?
There’s a few recipes which you can add to your recipe collection which are always “gold star” recipes. This recipe for stuffed shells is one of those. Its the satisfaction of making an amazing homemade meal, with the ease of using simple, fresh ingredients, and portions that serve the whole family. It’s a recipe which everyone is going to reach for more. It’s a recipe that is awesome for leftovers. And it’s a recipe that friends are always going to ask for.
This recipe for stuffed shells is a great time saver as well since we’re going to use the chicken from a rotisserie chicken in the stuffing mixture. This could not be any more simple and delicious.
- 15oz package of ricotta cheese
- 15oz jar of alfredo sauce
- 12oz box of jumbo shells
- ½ package(10oz) of frozen spinach, defrosted and drained of water)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese - divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (or oregano and basil)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook shells according to package directions
- Use 2 forks and shred the chicken breasts and thighs (save the drumsticks for a snack) from the rotisserie chicken
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, shredded chicken, egg, Italian seasoning, ½ parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Pour ½ jar of alfredo sauce into a 13" by 9" inch glass baking dish.
- After shells are cooked, drain and let cool for a minute. Then stuff each shell with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining alfredo sauce, remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.