Expertly seasoned and cooked to juicy perfection, these air fryer boneless skinless chicken breasts are perfect for a quick meal any day of the week. No need for breading, just a few common ingredients to create a mouthwatering seasoning blend and incredibly juicy and tender chicken breasts.
Simple Seasoning Blend
For this recipe we’ll use a simple dry rub for seasoning, without the need for breading. We’ll get some big flavors from smoked paprika, ground mustard and oregano. These seasonings will provide a nice savory flavor profile, which will then be filled out by onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Smoked paprika is such a wonderful spice to use. It’s not hot (though there are hot varieties), but whereas regular paprika has a very mild flavor and is used more for color, smoked paprika has a nice deep flavor that can really bring a dish to life.
Fresh Chicken Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Start with 2 fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts of about 6-8 oz each. If they are much larger, cut them in half horizontally. If the chicken if very thick, you’ll get the best results by pounding them to a more uniform thickness. Use a meat mallet or even a rolling pin with the chicken between pieces of plastic wrap. We want the chicken breasts to be about ½″-¾″ thick.
Preheat Air Fryer
You’ll want to preheat your air fryer at 360°(F) for 5 minutes. While the air fryer is preheating, lightly brush the chicken breasts with a little extra-virgin olive oil and liberally add the seasoning mix. Don’t be shy, get it on there as much as will stick to the chicken. When the air fryer is ready, add the chicken to the basket or tray and spritz with just a little oil. This will help to give the seasoning rub just a bit of a crispness and to seal in the natural juices.
Air Fry at 360°(F) for 10-14 minutes
With your seasoned chicken breasts in the air fryer, use the air fry setting at 360°(F) for 10-14 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Flip halfway through cooking time. Use an instant read thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°(F) in the thickest part of the meat. You can always add another minute or two if necessary.
Let the Meat Rest Before Serving
When the chicken is done, carefully remove from the air fryer to a plate and lightly cover with foil and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute. Then you’re ready to serve and enjoy!
Mouthwatering, juicy and tender boneless, skinless chicken breasts made in your air fryer. No breading! Just an awesome and simple dry rub of delicious seasonings.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6-8oz each
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 360°(F) for 5 minutes.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Pound chicken to even thickness of about ½″-¾″ thick. Coat with olive oil and liberally apply the seasoning mix to both sides of chicken.
- Place seasoned chicken into air fryer basket or tray and spritz with a little oil. Set air fryer to 360°(F) for 10-14 minutes (depending on size of chicken). Flip chicken halfway through cooking time.
- Check for doneness with an instant read thermometer. Internal temp of chicken should be 165°(F) in the thickest part of the meat.
- When chicken is done, carefully remove to a plate and lightly cover with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5min
- Cook Time: 14min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer, chicken breast, no breading, gluten free, keto