This recipe goes by many different names: Apple Tortillas, Apple Pie Taquitos, Apple Enchilada just to name a few. When I first heard of this recipe I was skeptical. How could apple in a tortilla be tasty? Well, trust me, this is one of the most delicious dessert recipes you’ll probably ever make. You really won’t believe it.
The flour tortillas don’t taste like tortillas at all. It’s more like a delicious pastry to wrap up the sweet apple filling and to host an awesome topping of the cinnamon and sugar. Honestly, you’d hardly know it’s an actual flour tortilla.
The whole recipe is simple ingredients which include canned apple pie filling, flour tortillas, cinnamon, sugar and butter. After it’s put together and comes out of the oven, it’s a delectable treat that you simply can’t believe. I know i’ve said that a couple of times now but it’s so true.
You can enjoy these served just the way they are and you’ll love them. Or serve with melted caramel drizzled on top which is amazing! You can also add some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. The possibilities are pretty endless.
This recipe will make a dozen Apple Pie Roll-Ups. Most tortilla packages come in 8, 10 and 12, so whatever you’ve got, you’ll be good with. Use the medium size, which are generally 8″.
- 10 flour tortillas (medium or 8")
- 20oz can apple pie filling
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush a 13"x9" glass baking dish with melted butter.
- In a paper plate, mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Fill each tortilla with 2-3 spoonfulls of apple pie filling. (if apple pieces are large, you can cut them smaller first) Roll tortilla tightly around filling, brush with melted butter, and roll in paper plate with the cinnamon sugar mix to coat it well. Place filled and coated tortillas in baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes until tops start to get golden brown.