One inch thick, juicy, tender and delicious boneless pork chops made in your Instant Pot. Quite simply the best boneless pork chops i’ve ever made.
I’ve tried several pork chop recipes in the Instant Pot but honestly, have only had mediocre results. So I set out to try and make pork chops how they really should be – browned on the outside, juicy and delicious on the inside. Sounds simple enough, right? Well after a dozen or so attempts, i’ve finally got down the perfect recipe.
I’ve found the best boneless pork chops for the Instant Pot are one inch thick. Not only are they easy to come by at the grocery store, but they simply are the best thickness for pressure cooking.
Start with a simple seasoning on both sides of the pork chops of salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika and brown sugar. Then, with your Instant Pot setting on saute (high), melt a tablespoon of butter. When it’s good and hot, add the pork chops and brown each side for about 1-2 minutes. That brown sugar may char a bit, but that’s ok. Once the pork chops are a beautiful golden brown, remove from the pot and set on a plate. Press cancel to stop the saute mode and add 1 cup of chicken broth to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to “deglaze” the bottom of the pot. This step is simply scraping all the bits off the bottom. Then, add the Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke. Add the pork chops directly to the liquid, secure the lid, close the seal and pressure cook for 7 minutes. When cycle is complete let naturally release for 12 minutes. Remove from pot and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- 2 pork chops, boneless 1" thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Mix spices and brown sugar and rub into both sides of pork chops.
- Set Instant Pot on saute (high) and add tablespoon butter. Once hot, add pork chops and brown on both sides for 1-2 minutes each. Remove pork chops and set aside. Press cancel.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bits off the bottom of the pot. Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and add pork chops directly to the pot in the liquid.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to "sealing" and pressure cook (manual) for 7 minutes. When done, allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, quick release the rest, remove lid and pork chops.
- Let pork chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving.