With the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, this mouthwatering salmon cooks to perfection in your air fryer in about 10 minutes. A little bit of honey, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice and sriracha with fresh salmon filets and you’ve got a dish you’ll want to make again and again.
Salmon filets are perfect for air fryer cooking. The air fryer does so much more that “fry” foods. In fact, it’s not really frying food at all. It basically uses circulating air with the food close to the heating element to rapidly cook and crisp the food. For a recipe such as salmon filets, it’s as simple as adding a marinade or rub, then letting the air fryer do it’s magic.
Sweet and Spicy Asian Seasoning
For this recipe we’ll use ingredients that are common in Asian cuisine, to give the salmon a rich flavor that features a hint of sweet and just a touch of spicy. The sweet from honey and the spicy from sriracha. Neither flavor element will overwhelm the salmon. Rather, these ingredients compliment each other perfectly, with the soy sauce, lime and garlic to bring it all together.
Let Salmon Marinate
Our recipe starts with combining the honey, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and lime juice. Whisk it all together in a large bowl or a large zip-top bag. Add the salmon and let it marinade in the fridge for at least an hour. A few hours or overnight is fine too.
How Long to Cook Air Fryer Salmon?
For salmon filets of 6oz, use the air fry setting at 400°(F) for about 10 minutes. No need to flip. The salmon should have an internal temperature of 145°(F) and will be done when it easily flakes with a fork. If your salmon is thicker or larger, you may have to add a minute or two to the cooking time.
Add Some Sauce
This step is optional, but adds a whole other dimension to the dish. Take the leftover marinade and add it to a sauce pan on low heat. Add some sesame seeds and green onions for even more flavor. After a few minutes it will thicken and make the perfect sauce to pour over the filets.
With the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, this mouthwatering salmon cooks to perfection in your air fryer in about 10 minutes.
- 2 salmon filets, with skin or skinless (6oz each)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1 clove minced garlic (½ tsp)
- Add honey, soy sauce, sriracha, lime juice and garlic to a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Add salmon filets to a large zip-top bag and add in the marinade. Seal bag and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat air fryer at 400°(F) for 5 minutes.
- Add salmon filets to air fryer basket or middle tray, use air fry setting at 400°(F) for 10-12 minutes or internal temp of 145° when checked with an instant read cooking thermometer.
- Salmon will easily flake with a fork when done. Serve with optional sauce (see notes below), sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Use leftover marinade as a sauce by adding it to a sauce pan and heating on the stovetop over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: Asian